- Operation Ludlow
- R v AB & others
- Preston Crown Court
Conspiracy to Arrange or Facilitate the Travel of Another with a view to Exploitation, contrary to Section 1(1) of the Criminal Law Act 1977 and section 2 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
Causing or inciting prostitution, contrary to Section 1(1) of the Criminal Law Act 1977 and Section 53(1) of the Sexual Offences Act 2003.
- Case investigated by NCA and Prosecuting Authority being CPS Complex Case Unit.
- 12 Defendants all charged with Conspiracy of arranging travel with a view to exploit and inciting prostitution. Additional charge for individual defendant of Fraud.
- Defendants alleged to have netted in the region of 1.5 million exploiting victims.
- Defendants facilitated travel all over UK.
- Victims brought over from Europe and forced into prostitution.